Copy record from

lga

Hello

Just a question, is there any possibility to copy the special value of a record of a row eg (row nยฐZ record 1, column X, table โ€œBโ€) into another table (eg row 99, column Y, table โ€œAโ€) and to cumulate into the same record of the same row (eg row 99, record Y, Table โ€œAโ€) the informations, in order to obtain this kind of record in the record Y, Table โ€œAโ€: Record1, record 20, recordn+1, โ€ฆ

I think I need in my app to accumulate values from another table to give informations to the user, and to inform the user.
I have a list of site ( every site is a row) , and sometimes, due to the result of a (ancient) control, the controller must had a look to particulary points, in other times he mustnโ€™t have to look to the points: eg points already controlled, always open, but wihtout deadline of endingโ€ฆ

Perhaps he could just look into a filtered view of the table โ€œBโ€, with special criteria ( site, open points, donโ€™t lookโ€ฆ), but i thinks that it would be more friendly ( in order to prepare the control) to have, in only one view, the site ( Table โ€œAโ€ with all informations ( adress, number, contactsโ€ฆ and specials criteria of the site).

To copy from the table B to A, an action buton could be used, because the information of โ€œlook / donโ€™t lookโ€ comes from the client who is only abble to judge , and to modify and update the data of the rows of table โ€œBโ€

Sorry, i donโ€™t know if i must select deeplink, data, or action)to classify my request in the forum

Thanks a lot?

0 3 176
3 REPLIES 3

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Your post isnโ€™t entirely clear to me, butโ€“generally speakingโ€“it is possible (though not always easy) to copy the value of a column to the column of another row of another table.

Hello Steve, thank you for your presence and response.

Itโ€™s not exactly to copy a column, only some records.

Itโ€™s seems difficult to explainโ€ฆi will take the analogy of a spreadsheet (where my datas are).

I would like to knows if itโ€™s possible to copy value from cell c2 of table B ( one event for site nยฐ1) , into the cell D4 of table A ( where row 4 is affetected to site nยฐ1).
And another day, to copy value from cell c999 of table B ( another one event for site nยฐ1) , into the same cell D4 of table A after the existing values ?

And if itโ€™s possible how.

For me too itโ€™s seems difficult, thatโ€™s why i thought to a filterded view of table B, with only few columnsโ€ฆ Less userfriendly , much more quickly enabled

Thank you so much for your answers ( for this post and all others)

It sounds to me like you want column D of each row in table A to contain a list of all values in column C of rows in table A that correspond to the event identified by the row in table A. I would consider this approach:

1. Create an action for Table A of type Data: set the values of some columns n ths row to set the value of Column D using an expression like:

SELECT(table-b[column-c], ([site-no] = [_THISROW].[site-no]))

with appropriate replacements for table-b, column-c, and site-no.

2. Create an action for Table B of type Data: execute an action on a set of rows with a Referenced Table of Rable A, a Referenced Rows expression like FILTER("table-a", ([site-no] = [_THISROW].[site-no])) (with replacements for table-a and site-no), and a Referenced Action of the action from (1), above.

3. Attach the action from (2) as the Form Saved event action for for the form view of Table B users would use to modify Column C.

OR

Create a workflow for Table B that performs the action fom (2) when the value of Column C changes.

Top Labels in this Space