Custom Editable Permissions based on the view

Hello Reader ,
My requirement is that I want the Approval Section i.e Approval of Approver column which has two values YES/NO …I want this field/column non editable in the “Rejected Requests_Form” view in my app otherwise in other views it should be editable …
Could anyone suggest me the expression that will satisfy my requirement…requirement is I want “Approval of Approver” Field/Column to be non editable in the “Rejected Requests_Form” view in my app , it should only show whatever value/status that is earlier has been set by or in other view …
Please help me with this

0 10 82
10 REPLIES 10

Please use CONTEXT() functions.

Please use in the column [Approval of Approver] column’s Editable_if setting, an expression something like

CONTEXT(“View”)<> “Rejected Requests_Form”

Or, if the user is editing that field in some other view(s), it is better to use the equality operator as shown below

CONTEXT(“View”) = “Approve Requests_Form”

or there are two such views

OR(CONTEXT(“View”) = “Approve Requests_Form”, CONTEXT(“View”)= “Review Requests_Form”)

Hello Sir , I tried using NOT(CONTEXT(“View”) = “Rejected Requests_Form”) this expression before your reply and it is working fine…should i change or no?

No, not necessary to change. Generally, equality operators are a better option than non-eequality operators. Logically both will work.

Thank you for the help!

Sir now i want that coulmn/field to be non editable in two views of the app namely “Requests Approved_Form” and “Rejected Requests_Form”. I tried using OR(CONTEXT(“View”) <> “Rejected Requests_Form” , CONTEXT(“View”) <> “Requests Approved_Form”) but its is not working and not giving the desired output…it is only working in i have single view condtion…what soultion should i go for please suggest

Please try using AND() instead of OR() and please revert if AND() works instead of OR()

AND is working sir thanks…but why did OR did not work could you please tell me in short if you can , thanks!

Sure. With OR(), even if the condition is met for any one of the two CONTEXT() arguments, the expression evaluates to TRUE. And one of the two views or both the views will always not be there. So OR() always evaluates to true. With AND() , the expression evalues to true only if both the arguments , meaning both those views are not there.

got you sir thanks for this!

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

For reference:

Top Labels in this Space