Data Change Tasks (calling an Action to create a record) are not picking up Initial Value Formulas

If Iโ€™ve got a table with a Key column thatโ€™s utilizing UNIQUEID() for itโ€™s initial value:

When I create an action to create a row in that table, no errors are thrownโ€ฆ

In the image above, you can see Iโ€™ve set only two columnsโ€™ values - I did not include the (KEY) column

But when I try and use that same action inside a Task - the initial value formula is not being โ€œseenโ€ or โ€œunderstoodโ€ or what-have-you by the system and itโ€™s requiring me to enter something for the value to be set to.

2 4 344
4 REPLIES 4

Thanks for bringing this up and the very detailed report. This seems to be a bug and we will fix it.

Iโ€™m going to begin a serious digest of these new elements in preparation for some videos, Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™ll come up with tons of other things.

@Dan_Bahir Would you like them reported here (in the community), or directly to support@appsheet.com?

Weโ€™ve released a fix for this.

I am still experiencing this issue: Automation Actions fail on Required columns relying on an Initial Value to fill them

It actually works fine with the rowโ€™s Key (set using UNIQUEID() as above) but not other columns with Initial Value set. It works fine if I call the Action directly, or if I define the values for the columns directly inside the action.

Top Labels in this Space