Date Range/Change That Row Return Date to Now

In a History View there will be people that have had a device(InvID) and then it would switch to another person. I added two rows, one called Date Given and another called Date Returned. For Date Given it is set to TODAY() and then if it is the current user, the Date Returned will either be hidden if blank or will be set to something like โ€œPresentโ€.

What Iโ€™m not understanding is I would like it to set the Return Date to TODAY() once there is another row created that also shares the same device. I got a workflow and an action created, the action to set the Return Date to TODAY() and the workflow to trigger that action. Not sure what to put for the Condition of the workflow so I put

[_THISROW_BEFORE].[InvID] <> [_THISROW_AFTER].[InvID]

How would I get it to trigger when it is created but only if it shares the same InvID? And then also only have the action edit the row with the Date Given that is most recent and shares the InvID as well?

Solved Solved
1 1 336
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

In the Action I put some code in the Referenced Rows. A SELECT to get my table and then AND to link the device in both tables, ISBLANK for the Return Date, and a thisrow.owner <> employee. Got it all figured out

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

In the Action I put some code in the Referenced Rows. A SELECT to get my table and then AND to link the device in both tables, ISBLANK for the Return Date, and a thisrow.owner <> employee. Got it all figured out

Top Labels in this Space