Dear AppSheet Team, When I put username () ...

Dear AppSheet Team,

When I put username () in expression, why is the email of the user returned instead of his username? Is this a bug ? Its like a duplicate of Useremail () .I tried to look into my Gmail setting but my name is there too.

0 5 395
5 REPLIES 5

For some accounts, the username is not avaialble to us (it depends on whether or not you have enabled your Google+ profile). This is why we generlaly recommend that you use USEREMAIL()

(always available) rather than USERNAME()

@praveen Thank you for this info! I cannot find where to enable the google+ profile! That is worth documenting I think. Because we often donโ€™t want to reveal othersโ€™ email address.

Open the gmail from the browser or what ever tool from your account. Click your image icon (upper right corner) > Choose โ€œMy Accountโ€ > Personal Info & Privacy > Your personal info > Add/Change your name

It does not work for me. You see my Google+ username has changed from Jerry Lan to Jerry Lan Hing Leung but still in the app my email is chosen over my username. I have not share the app to users yet as still prototype. I suspect other users their username will appear correctly. @Aleksi_Alkio @praveen

Wait a littleโ€ฆ normally it takes some time before it will update the name.

Top Labels in this Space