Dependent Dropdown using Ref Type

Hi Guys! Very Good day.
In AppSheet I like to use ref type of relation between tables as AppSheet handle the Key and the Description nicely. And my practice is to keep the ID in the Child/Transaction Tables instead of keeping the description as you can find it in the example below. So, in the ‘Company Inf’ table I want to filter State based on the Selected Country and show as dropdown…

I want to know whether it is possible to do this if I keep country ID and State ID as Ref type in the Company Inf Table. I can not do. Available Demos, so far, are done using ‘Valid If’. Would any one please help me to create dependent dropdown based on my scenario.

Thanks.

Solved Solved
0 1 132
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I have followed a filter expression ( Solution offered by Steve in a thread) in the ‘Valid If’ event of ‘State ID’ column of the ‘Company Info’ Table after establishing the Ref Type relation between the parent and child tables. It seems it is working nicely. Thanks Steve. If I face any problem again I must come back to you.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

I have followed a filter expression ( Solution offered by Steve in a thread) in the ‘Valid If’ event of ‘State ID’ column of the ‘Company Info’ Table after establishing the Ref Type relation between the parent and child tables. It seems it is working nicely. Thanks Steve. If I face any problem again I must come back to you.

Top Labels in this Space