Docs. error report

2X_b_bb8d065c792d27964976672f7fe84e0f83f547f8.png

Good Day, i have created a new docs template but i canโ€™t seem to figure out what this error is.

Thanks in advance.

0 20 691
20 REPLIES 20

We need more information. Could you post images of the โ€œPrint Receiptโ€ Workflow definition?

For a general understanding, it seems this Workflow is expecting information within the โ€œBodyโ€ property of the Workflow rule step named โ€œAction 1โ€. Either this โ€œBodyโ€ property is blank or not defined correctly.

Hi John,

Where do i find the workflow definition? I had also tried the same template in the attachment file option where it also did not work.

Regards

Prishalan Naidoo

2X_0_0536e5716abfcd2e4860a5d03cb35bec4446d2b9.jpeg

I simply meant to go the Workflows list in AppSheet, expand the Workflow named โ€œPrint Receiptโ€ and the expand the โ€œDo Thisโ€ list so we can see how you have defined the step in the Workflow.

Like this:

Hi John,

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

What is the name of your template file?

Hi Steve,

The file name is โ€œRECEIPT - V3โ€

There appears to be something wrong with the file type or file contents of your Body template.
The error message saying the โ€œFileMimeType is unexpectedโ€ is the root of the problem.
The โ€œobject reference not set to an instance of an objectโ€ error is probably a down stream consequence of the FileMimeType error.

Hi Phillip,

Do you what causes this โ€œFileMimeTypeโ€ error?

I suspect that it is failing because of the type of Body template file you are using.
Normally the template file is a Google Doc or Word Doc.

I can investigate if you provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The application name
  3. The workflow rule or report name
  4. Please go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access.

Hi Phillip,

Yes, my pamphlet is a Docs template. Can i give you access to the template to get your feedback aswell?

Hi Phillip,

Apologies for the delayed response.

Acc ID: 483780

App Name: FINANCE - RKC

Workflow Rule Name: Print Receipt 2

Regards

Prishalan Naidoo

2X_0_0536e5716abfcd2e4860a5d03cb35bec4446d2b9.jpeg

If you provide the information I requested above I will be able to see you body template.

If you do not want to provide that information in the community, then you can submit a problem report through the support link. Just be certain you include all of the information I listed in your problem report.

It appears that you failed to go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access

Hi Phil,

I have updated the settings. Apologies for the delay.

I am investigating.

There appears to be a serious error with your Google Docs Attachment template for workflow rule โ€˜Print Receipt 2โ€™.
When we try to export it from Google Docs, Google Drive reports โ€œGoogle drive Internal Server Error 500โ€.
I suggest deleting the doc entirely and creating a brand new Google Docs attachment template.

Hi Phillip,

Thanks for having a look. Based on your experience with Templates was there anything in that template, layout, colors, font, that couldnโ€™t be applied to an appsheet report?

It was not possible to download the attachment template for rule โ€˜Print Receipt 2โ€™ because of the Google Drive 500 error. I could not look at the contents of the template at all because it would not download.

has this issue been resolved? I am also experiencing the same problem, and Iโ€™ve tried deleting the doc and creating a new one, but still doesnโ€™t work.

It is best to submit a bug report. Please provide:

1. Your account id
  2. The application name
  3. The table name
  4. The workflow rule or report name
  5. A complete description of the problem
  6. The exact steps to reproduce the problem
  7. Please go to https://www.appsheet.com/account/account#_tab_acctConfig and check the option that enables support access.
Top Labels in this Space