Dynamic Dashboard Filter condition

I need some help and hopefully someone can guide me.  I was following the  Dynamic Dashboards YouTube video and found this to be helpful in my project.  I have change the filter to pull in Site codes, but it pulls in all site codes found including the duplicates.  Below is my Row Filter that I am using on my slice data to pull back the site codes.  Is there a way to change this so that I have unique values only?  I have also included some screenshots of my Dashboard and the filter options that show up.  Any help will be appreciated.

Row Filter: IF(ISBLANK(ANY(Dashboard Filter[Site Filter])), TRUE,[SYSTEM NAME] = ANY(Dashboard Filter[Site Filter]))

Dashboard:

Tony_Landowski_0-1653510294528.png

Site Filter current options:

Tony_Landowski_1-1653510343681.png

Solved Solved
1 4 312
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Share here your expression for Valid_If (or Suggested values maybe?) on your Site Filter dropdown and we can help.

I suspect that if you just wrap everything from there on a UNIQUE() function, it should be enough

UNIQUE() | AppSheet Help Center

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Share here your expression for Valid_If (or Suggested values maybe?) on your Site Filter dropdown and we can help.

I suspect that if you just wrap everything from there on a UNIQUE() function, it should be enough

UNIQUE() | AppSheet Help Center

Thank you SkrOYC.  A UNIQUE() function did helped. 

Valid_If:UNIQUE(LIST(BFD,BIL,BUF,CHI,CMD,GHO,LAN,LOU,ONT,PLY,POR,QRO,SLC,TAM,TEC,TIJ,TOR,VAL))

But now how do I adjust my row filter to pull in all results of the code in each chart?  This is still only pulling back one result.  

Mmm, your expression is weird. It already has unique values.
Are you sure you just have that expression? I mean, can you share your whole column config?
I expected something like:

UNIQUE(
  TableToBeFiltered[SYSTEM NAME]
)

SkrOYc,

thank you very much.  I figured out that I had the wrong column referenced in my row filter.  Once I adjusted, it is now working.  Thank you for your help on the first part.  

Top Labels in this Space