Enter the data automatically which makes the difference between the months

Hi everyone, I'm looking for help solving the following.
In the "Training" table, in the "Training date" column, I manually entered the date of the course. Also in the "Training" table I have another column "Training categories" which is linked as a reference to the "Courses" table.
basically when I enter the date of the course it automatically fills in the duration of the course in months, for example course 1 will last "24 months".
in practice I would like to be able, if possible, by entering the date of the course to automatically fill in the "Expiring date" column with a date. If the value of the date is within the number of months, enter valid, otherwise 1 day before the deadline write expired.
I don't know if it's possible in Excel I can do it with formulas, but I don't want to burden the application.
Thank you all1.png2.png
Solved Solved
0 12 155
4 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

These were for the excel spreadsheet since you said "I don't know if it's possible in Excel I can do it with formulas, but I don't want to burden the application." I thought you wanted to avoid more calculation within AppSheet. Do you want to do this within AppSheet?

View solution in original post

In AppSheet, try using the following as an App formula for [Expiring Date]:

• DATE(
    YEAR([Training Date] + (FLOOR(([Training Date] + "0001-01-01" + [Validity Months]) / 365.25) - FLOOR([Training Date] / 365.25))),
    MONTH([Training Date] + (FLOOR(([Training Date] + "0001-01-01" + [Validity Months]) / 365.25) - FLOOR([Training Date] / 365.25))),
    DAY([Training Date] + (FLOOR(([Training Date] + "0001-01-01" + [Validity Months]) / 365.25) - FLOOR([Training Date] / 365.25))) - 1
    )

Hi, thanks again for your support, the second formula seems to work, I realized that the first formula has an error, in the example Expired date should be 5 years (60 months) so it should return the date 0101/2025
1.png๐Ÿ™„

Oops some misplaced ( )... should be:

• EOMONTH([Training Date], ([Validity Date]-1)) + DAY([Training Date])

Not

• EOMONTH([Training Date], ([Validity Months] - 1) + DAY([Training Date]))

Sorry! Hope that works now

12 REPLIES 12

To get the value in column M, you can use:

• =edate(K2,L2)-1

Then for column N you can use:

• If(TODAY()<M2, "Valid","Expired")

Hi, thank you for your interest, I don't quite understand whether I have to insert the formulas you wrote to me in the appsheet or in the excel sheet

These were for the excel spreadsheet since you said "I don't know if it's possible in Excel I can do it with formulas, but I don't want to burden the application." I thought you wanted to avoid more calculation within AppSheet. Do you want to do this within AppSheet?

hi sorry I expressed myself as male!! yes basically I would like to do it in the application, can you give me a hand? do you need more information? Thank you

In AppSheet, try using the following as an App formula for [Expiring Date]:

• DATE(
    YEAR([Training Date] + (FLOOR(([Training Date] + "0001-01-01" + [Validity Months]) / 365.25) - FLOOR([Training Date] / 365.25))),
    MONTH([Training Date] + (FLOOR(([Training Date] + "0001-01-01" + [Validity Months]) / 365.25) - FLOOR([Training Date] / 365.25))),
    DAY([Training Date] + (FLOOR(([Training Date] + "0001-01-01" + [Validity Months]) / 365.25) - FLOOR([Training Date] / 365.25))) - 1
    )

Hi, thank you for your help, but I'm getting this error1.png

Doing some looking, maybe this is the proper approach:

I am not too familiar with EOMONTH, but I hope this works

HI
Thank you, your formula works very well!!! Do you happen to have a suggestion on how to insert the value (Valid) (expired) (expiring) in the "Validity" column?
(expiring) should change the value in the "Validity" Column 3 months before, I don't know if it's possible.Maybe I should do this in the formatting rule?1.png2.png

Something like this should work:

IF(TODAY()>[Expiring Date],"Expired",IF(TODAY()>=[Expiring Date]-90,"Expiring",IF(TODAY()<[Expiring Date]-90,"Valid","")))

Hi, thanks again for your support, the second formula seems to work, I realized that the first formula has an error, in the example Expired date should be 5 years (60 months) so it should return the date 0101/2025
1.png๐Ÿ™„

Oops some misplaced ( )... should be:

• EOMONTH([Training Date], ([Validity Date]-1)) + DAY([Training Date])

Not

Sorry! Hope that works now

Hi thanks now it works perfectly!!
I just have other problems๐Ÿ˜ซ
Top Labels in this Space