Enumlist - Show column A in dropdown but log column B in sheet

I'm using an enumlist in the way described here :

https://www.googlecloudcommunity.com/gc/Tips-Tricks/Many-to-Many-Relationships/m-p/261816

But I want to edit this so the dropdown will show column [Model] but in the sheet it will log the value from column [ID] from that same row.

Can't seem to figure out how to make this work.

I have this valid if formula in my enumlist with ref type: Table1[Model]

Solved Solved
0 4 71
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

So I accidentally stumbled upon the solution myself.

I had my ID column both as KEY and as LABEL. But changing the LABEL from my ID column to my MODEL column gave me the result I wanted.
Model value is shown in the dropdown and the ID value is logged in the sheet.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I'm just here to say the same thing I repeat time after time, you either use your workbook or your AppSheet app, not both.

If you don't, you will end up with a bad AppSheet app or a bad worksheet.

Treat your data as it should, as a database that no one should access unless they are editors of your app

I'm building an app and I'm currently using my prototype to connect all data.
It's much easier to do that through appsheet views than it is to browse through cells finding references.
Once I'm done I will remove all those editing purposes.

Make a copy of your worksheet, work with that data and once you have your app done, change the datasource to your up-to-date worksheet. Make sure you don't change the schema though.

At this point, all the users that previously used your worksheet should be AppSheet users of your app instead.

Don't try to build features for both, the worksheet and AppSheet

So I accidentally stumbled upon the solution myself.

I had my ID column both as KEY and as LABEL. But changing the LABEL from my ID column to my MODEL column gave me the result I wanted.
Model value is shown in the dropdown and the ID value is logged in the sheet.

Top Labels in this Space