Export a file to a cloud location

I need to export a file to a cloud location - letโ€™s say a OneDrive location. I know thereโ€™s an action to create a CSV file, but I need to automatically send the file to a cloud location (not send the file email, but drop it in a cloud location). I looked at workflow rules but didnโ€™t see what Iโ€™m looking for.

Is this even possible?

0 11 521
11 REPLIES 11

Take a look at the workflow SaveFile action.

I looked at that, but I got lost in the template file creation. Are you aware of a demo app showing this? Thank you!

In the documentation regarding the Save File action, the documentation says to set the โ€œHTTP Content Type Propertyโ€ to โ€œCSVโ€. Where exactly does this happen?

I figured out where to do this. Itโ€™s in the workflow set up.

I set up a report to save a file at a specified time each day. I created a template using the โ€œCreateโ€ button within the action of the report. The report did not run (a file was not created). Iโ€™m not sure what Iโ€™m doing wrong or how to troubleshoot. See my report definition below. Thanks.

Take a look at the Log and see if there was an error reported.

Edit: I assume you had it setup before 2:25 PM today?

Also, I do not believe you can save to a local computer location. I have read through some of the documentation to be absolutely certain and I find no direct mention of it. But if you think about it, the apps are designed to run from a mobile device which will never have access to local file location.

Yes, youโ€™re correct. That makes sense; from a phone, you would never save anything locally. So Iโ€™ll muddle through the syntax for a cloud location and test that. And yes, I did have it set up before 2:25.

I canโ€™t figure out the syntax to specify a OneDrive cloud location. I set the report up to run, and the log says it did (I think), but no file was created.

Check for a โ€œDefault app folderโ€. This is found at Info -> Properties - App Properties

You would start at the โ€œDefault app folderโ€ location. If none entered then you would need to start at the root level - the same location that the โ€œappsheetโ€ folder is found.

From the starting point above, you should be seeing the folder named โ€œOneDrive - MasTecโ€. The remaining folder path would be found underneath that.

If you are still not seeing the folder โ€œOneDrive - MasTecโ€ at the root level in your OneDrive account, then I would suggest testing without a File Folder Path specified. In this case AppSheet will create a default โ€œFilesโ€ folder at the same starting location identified above - root level or โ€œDefault app folderโ€.

Check the details in the Audit History. It should tell you where the file was written.

Top Labels in this Space