Format pins based on weeks in the future

Hi,

I have pins on a map formatted with different colours to show which orders are for this week, next week, week after and the week after that.

AND(OR([Order Status]=โ€œOpenโ€,[Order Status]=โ€œExported to Xeroโ€),[Delivery Date]>(TODAY()-1),WEEKNUM([delivery Date])=(WEEKNUM(TODAY())+3))

This works fine until we reach the end of the year as we are in week 51 but the delivery date for an order is 09/01/2019 which is week 2. The expression is looking to see if the delivery date is in week 54.

Does anyone know how to solve this.

I have used the below expression but I will have to set up far too many formats to cover all the combinations of what week out of the last 4 of the year we are currently in and what week out of the 4 at the begginning of the next year the delivery date is in.

AND(OR([Order Status]=โ€œOpenโ€,[Order Status]=โ€œExported to Xeroโ€),[Delivery Date]>(TODAY()-1),WEEKNUM([delivery Date])=WEEKNUM(โ€œ01/09/2020โ€),WEEKNUM(Today())=WEEKNUM(โ€œ12/17/2019โ€))

Many thanks

Phil

Solved Solved
0 3 305
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Phil,
You can probably try an expression like this one to compute the number of weeks out until delivery:

FLOOR(TOTALHOURS([Date]-(TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY())))/168.0)

There might be simpler but this one works at least. Itโ€™s based on the time between now and the due date, so it wonโ€™t have issues with week number (in the year) being reset.
Note: it works as expected for week days (Monday through Friday), but you will need to tweak it a little to get what your business needs for Saturday and Sunday.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi Phil,
You can probably try an expression like this one to compute the number of weeks out until delivery:

FLOOR(TOTALHOURS([Date]-(TODAY()-WEEKDAY(TODAY())))/168.0)

There might be simpler but this one works at least. Itโ€™s based on the time between now and the due date, so it wonโ€™t have issues with week number (in the year) being reset.
Note: it works as expected for week days (Monday through Friday), but you will need to tweak it a little to get what your business needs for Saturday and Sunday.

Thanks

this worked fine

Phil

@Arthur_Rallu Good example for a new expression like EOWEEK()

Top Labels in this Space