GETX() and GETY() not working

As mentioned in this Blog Article, we have new function: GETX(xy) and GETY(xy)

To me these are not working:

3X_b_9_b93903fd4b5d5626cf6f1439761463f1511f7d07.png

There is also a difference between this blog article and the help article.

In Blog it says:
GETX(xy) returns the X portion of an XY value as a decimal value in the range +100.000000 to -100.000000.

In Help Article it says:
GETX(xy) returns the X portion of an XY value as a decimal value in the range 0.000000 to 100.000000.

By the way: What’s the difference between GETX([XY]) and LAT([XY]) ?

Adding @JCadence

1 11 499
11 REPLIES 11

Bahbus

I believe the help article is correct, because XY columns are supposed to be 0 to 100 if I recall correctly.

Otherwise, I would imagine in this example of your it would work if you first defined it as an XY value: GETX(XY(50, 50))

GETX is for XY columns and LAT is for LatLong columns. LAT will still work for XY columns though I believe. But its mostly a everything gets its own version for clarity purposes.

NVM, tested it and it still didn’t work. Maybe someone forgot to push something on their end.

There were a few updates to be made at the time of the publishing of the blog. Trust the support article at this time. We’ll work towards getting additional information once we have an update on the feature.

Use LAT() in place of GETX() and LONG() in place of GETY().
I started to implement GETX and GETY but got sidetracked.

Unfortunate LatLong and XY aren’t just List types…

I noticed xy type is not list type. For instance, if we want to place the initial value such as “50, 50”.
Then intial value expression, such as latlong(50, 50) not to work. {50, 50} neither.

Only text(50,50) worked, which gave an indication, xy type column value is actually text value.

That was my point: if LatLong and XY were list types, their component values would be available with INDEX(), so GETX() and GETY() wouldn’t be such revelations. Even still:

Function Equivalence
LAT([LatLong]) DECIMAL(INDEX(SPLIT([LatLong], ", "), 1)))
LONG([LatLong]) DECIMAL(INDEX(SPLIT([LatLong], ", "), 2)))
GETX([XY]) DECIMAL(INDEX(SPLIT([XY], ", "), 1)))
GETY([XY]) DECIMAL(INDEX(SPLIT([XY], ", "), 2)))

@Stefan_Quartemont we were just talking about this…

@Steve @Phil GETX and GETY never worked.
But now also LAT() and LONG() stopped working.
If I insert the suggestion in the Expression Assistant

3X_8_c_8c2955cc4c5eb261f3b318c02b71be7410f6df7c.png

The result is 0.

I have to use @Steve’s Equivalence for LAT()

to get the right result: -122.35

Looks like a bug to me. Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

I m pretty much sure GETX/GETY expression “used to” work before.
Yes, i tested now they are not working, returning errors.

But I also tested lat(), Long() expression they are both workings. We are able to pass either latlong type value or xy type value to lat/longs expression, so I m on a feel that the getx/gety expression is now retired and the function was marged into lat/long.

Just out of my guess work.

There was a bug that LAT("24.84, -122.35") would give no result. You had to use LAT(LATLONG(24.84, -122.35)). This is fixed now by AppSheet.

And also the example was fixed. “-122.35,24.84” is outside of the world map. And there was missing a space between. Now AppSheet changed it to “24.84, -122.35”.

Top Labels in this Space