GIFs???? When did that happen? Thank you!...

GIFs???

When did that happen?

Thank you!

1 13 1,207
13 REPLIES 13

Yes! But they only work if the image is linked (not uploaded).

@Peter I actually uploaded that photo! That’s why I was so surprised.

cl.ly - Screen Recording 2018-12-28 at 06.12.34.82 PM.mp4

In the video, I start with a gif already uploaded then clear it.

I upload the same one, then navigate to another form (the forward button) that pulls in the photo uploaded in the previous form.

I then go back and change the photo, doing it all over again but with a different image, showing it’s actually taking what I’m uploading. Screen Recording 2018-12-28 at 06.12.34.82 PM.mp4 cl.ly

Hm, guess I need to re-examine! I would test whether the animate gif still works after it’s been synced to your data source. I was under the impression that it would stay animated as long as it’s cached, but no longer be animated after sourcing from the data source (particularly Google Drive). Maybe not??

Hmmm… checking @Peter

@Peter

touche, good sir.

cl.ly - Screen Recording 2018-12-28 at 07.30.46.10 PM.mp4

You can even see the gif animation starting at the same point, even though there’s a form change. Screen Recording 2018-12-28 at 07.30.46.10 PM.mp4 cl.ly

Ah, darn - Not sure what our options are, but I’ll keep you posted if I hear any updates about this!

Hi @Peter! Hi @MultiTech_Visions!

Update:

This is great @Kirk_Masden, thanks for the updates - I’ll be trying it out later today!

ditto

How do you add gifs to your app? I can not find tutorials anywhere 😞 why is there so much digging to find out the answers lol 

Hi,

Here's how to do it :

1 - You may go to your Google Drive, add your gif in any folder. Then right click on it > Share > set 'Everyone can read'.

2 - Then go to this website , paste the link to your image hosted in drive, it will return the direct link of it.

3 - Create a new column Image type.

4 - In the column option, there a field where you can put the URL of the image.  Put the direct link within URL field.

Thank you very much! When I change the column to IMAGE I do not see a URL field, is it labeled as something else? Thank you!

It's in fact Image/File folder path, sorry for the confusion 🙂 

Top Labels in this Space