Gdoc template Enumlist Images

Hi all, thanks in advance! 

I have a field  [Images] which is an Enumlist of base type Image that contains the links to files in such a format:

/Labels/CLIENT1/Labels/MOD-002.jpg,/Labels/CLIENT1/Labels/MOD-003.jpg

When generating the PDF report I need all the selected labels from the enumlist to appear in the PDF as images. Now they only appear as links.

When one link is removed and [Image] field type changed to Image,  the PDF contains the image.

Thanks a lot!

Solved Solved
0 3 137
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

One not so elegant workaround is to separate each image in the image list using INDEX() function based expressions something like below, if you have relatively lesser number of images to display from the enumlist column.

For extracting the first image, you could have an expression of 

INDEX([Enumlist_Column] , 1)

For the second image 

INDEX([Enumlist_Column] , 2) 

and so on. 

The GDoc template could look like below. Here [Product_Images] is the enumlist column with base type as image

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1705811189192.png

The PDF report would look like below

The example has 4 images in the enumlist.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1705811289423.png

You could make it more elegant by having a placeholder image saying "No image" or just an icon of a camera etc. wherever the image cell is empty.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

One not so elegant workaround is to separate each image in the image list using INDEX() function based expressions something like below, if you have relatively lesser number of images to display from the enumlist column.

For extracting the first image, you could have an expression of 

INDEX([Enumlist_Column] , 1)

For the second image 

INDEX([Enumlist_Column] , 2) 

and so on. 

The GDoc template could look like below. Here [Product_Images] is the enumlist column with base type as image

Suvrutt_Gurjar_0-1705811189192.png

The PDF report would look like below

The example has 4 images in the enumlist.

Suvrutt_Gurjar_1-1705811289423.png

You could make it more elegant by having a placeholder image saying "No image" or just an icon of a camera etc. wherever the image cell is empty.

Thanks a lot! 

As you say, it might not be the most elegant and universal solution but it totally resolves the issue for me! 

Thanks for your support! 

Mike

You are welcome.

Top Labels in this Space