Hello, Is it possible to show the date of a c...

Jenn_M

Hello, Is it possible to show the date of a certain day in the week? For example, a task comes due every Monday. If today is Sunday, Iโ€™d like for the date to show Monday of this week. But, if today is Tuesday, Iโ€™d like for the due date to show as next week Monday. Iโ€™d also like to do this for the monthly tasksโ€ฆdue on the first Monday of the month.

Currently, for the weekly due, my process is to mark the task as completed, triggering a timestamp,

and then adding seven days to that timestamp.

If possible, Iโ€™d like to eliminate marking a task as completed in order to get the next due date.

Any thoughts appreciated, thanks!

0 6 1,992
6 REPLIES 6

Since WEEKDAY(Date) returns 1 for Sunday, then I think a formula like this should return that next Monday you are looking for: TODAY()+IF(WEEKDAY(TODAY())=1, 1,

9-WEEKDAY(TODAY()))

Regarding the second question about monthly tasks; this expression will return the first day of next month:

EOMONTH(TODAY(), 0) + 1

You could use similar logic to calculate the first Monday of the next month too.

WEEKDAY(TODAY()) gives you the weekday number (1 for Sunday, 2 or Monday, etc.) for today.

(TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY())) gives you the date of Saturday of last week.

(TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()) + 5) gives you the date of Friday of this week.

(TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()) + 5 + 14) gives you the date of two weeks from Friday of this week.

โ€œIf today is Sunday, Iโ€™d like for the date to show Monday of this week. But, if today is Tuesday, Iโ€™d like for the due date to show as next week Monday.โ€

(

(TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()) + 2)

• IF((WEEKDAY(TODAY()) > 1), 7, 0) )
  1. (TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()) + 2) sets the due date to Monday of this week.

• IF((WEEKDAY(TODAY()) > 2), 7, 0) adds seven days to the due date if today is later than Monday.

Jenn_M

+Steve Coile @RezaRaoofi

I couldnโ€™t figure out a way to do this with an appsheet formula (no function to check for odd or even numbers that I can tell), but hereโ€™s what I came up with to generate a biweekly due date.

I created a [Start Date] column and a [Biweekly Due] column. [Biweekly Due] has the following spreadsheet formula:

IF(NOT(ISBLANK([Unique ID])), IF(OR( AND(ISODD(WEEKNUM([Start Date])),WEEKNUM(TODAY())), AND(ISEVEN(WEEKNUM(Companies!N2)),WEEKNUM(TODAY()))), TRUE,FALSE), โ€œโ€)

Then, to generate my biweekly date in another column, I have this app formula:

IFS(OR([Schedule]=โ€œWeeklyโ€, AND([Schedule]=โ€œBiweeklyโ€, [Biweekly Due]=TRUE)),

((TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()) + [Route Week Day]) + IF((WEEKDAY(TODAY()) > [Route Week Day]), 7, 0))

Good method or no?

Jenn_M

Thank you both! Using that info, Iโ€™ve come up with the following with [Route Week Day] being the week day of the task:

IFS([Schedule]=โ€œWeeklyโ€,

((TODAY() - WEEKDAY(TODAY()) + [Route Week Day]) + IF((WEEKDAY(TODAY()) > [Route Week Day]), 7, 0)),

[Schedule]=โ€œMonthlyโ€,

EOMONTH(TODAY(), 0) + 1 +

IF( WEEKDAY(EOMONTH(TODAY(), 0)) + (7 - (WEEKDAY(EOMONTH(TODAY(), 0) + 1))) <= [Route Week Day],

([Route Week Day] - (WEEKDAY(EOMONTH(TODAY(), 0) + 1))),

([Route Week Day] + 1)))

Iโ€™d like to add a biweekly schedule also but not sure how to go about that.

Top Labels in this Space