Help with navigation between two apps

I have two apps I am interacting between and have two paths - โ€œnormalโ€ path and an โ€œerrorโ€ path.

"Normal" path

Most times, I navigate from App1 to a Form in App2, then follow a โ€œnormalโ€ path that saves a few user choices, goes to a Detail view to confirm and presents an Overlay action that the user presses to transition back to App1.

This flow works very well.

"Error" path

On occasion, when I transition from App1 to App2, the state might be such that I want to follow an โ€œerrorโ€ path - save a record of the visit but then go immediately back to App1.

Issues

Initially I tried using a grouped action attached to the App2 Form Save. I set the Behavior in each action so that only one of two actions would execute. Action1 would follow the โ€œnormalโ€ path while Action2 would follow the โ€œerrorโ€ path.

However, in the โ€œerrorโ€ path, because of the transition from App2 back to App1, it interrupts any saves with the error below. Clicking Yes, transitions back to App1 but no save occurs.

Workflows wonโ€™t work (though I tried anyway) because they execute on the server and there is no UI for them to operate on.

My backup plan is to have everything follow the โ€œnormalโ€ path.

Does anyone have an idea on how to Save AND transition between apps with a single click?

1 2 126
  • UX
2 REPLIES 2

Not possible at the moment, though weโ€™ve asked about this months ago.

Thanks! Iโ€™ve gone with my backup plan. On to the next!!

Top Labels in this Space