Hi All, I m a soccer coach, and I started t

Hi All,

I m a soccer coach, and I started to develop a small Appsheet App to manager my teams ( about 24 juniors and 3 teams), training session and players attendance. The App is based on my current google sheet.

I facing now a small problem and need some help . here the situation:

To manage attendence with appsheet, i split the current gsheet to 3 sheets:

1 - players (E): PID, data: name, birthdate, Ref to Team… 2 - Activities (E):

AID, Date, Type, location, and a Ref to Team,

3 - Attendance - ® : ID, Present?, Ref to AID, Ref to PID,…

To enhance the workflow and the simplicity I need to accomplish the Following:

• Create a new Activity for a team A (5 players),with Add Button from the Activities View is GREAT ! this will add a new row to the [Activities sheet]:

AID004 ; 06/02/2018; Training; Indoor; TeamA

• Instead to open the Attendance view and add each player, one by one, i need the App to add automatically

a new row for each Team A player to the [attendance sheet]:

ID0051; 1 ;

AID004, PID001 ID0052; 1 ;

AID004, PID002 ID0053; 0 ;

AID004, PID003 ID0054; 1 ;

AID004, PID004 ID0055; 0 ;

AID004, PID005

[Players Sheet] looks like this: PID001;

Sharapova; TeamA;… PID002;

Federer;

TeamA;… PID003;

Hingis;

TeamA;… PID004;

Williams;

TeamA;… PID005;Haas;

TeamA;…

Is there any way to do this ?

Thank you in advance

0 6 601
6 REPLIES 6

tony1

@Avenchine No, it’s not possible to automatically add rows. This is a feature we plan on adding this quarter, though.

A rough workaround would maybe be to record absences instead of attendances. Then you’d only have to add related rows for people who DON’T show up (which should be far fewer than those who DO, right?).

Was this feature ever added?

Hey @Will_Henry. No, it has yet to be added. We’re still moving towards it and will make an announcement in the community when it’s released.

Hi - Was this feature added after 2 years?

Hi Tony, thanks for your feedback! I will think about it !

A couple of thoughts on this old post, since it has been brought back. Hoping it helps!

Many difficulties in programming are not caused by language/platform limitations, but they are inherently data structure problems.

You actually do not need an “Attendance” table, and you neither have to fill-in Players manually, nor have them automatically filled.

Attendance is a dataset related to a single Activity. So Attendance should rather be a column in the Activities table. In Appsheet, configure this column as follows:

• Type: EnumList
  • Base Type: Ref, pointing to Players table
  • Suggested Values: use FILTER() on the Players table to get only those who are members of the team assigned this activity> Filter(“Players”, [Team] = [_THISROW].[Team])

Now when you are in Activity view, you have a nice drop-down menu that will allow you to select the assigned Team members using simple check-boxes.

Additionally, add a VC to Players, to get Attendance record per player:

• Type: List
  • Element type: Ref, pointing to Activities
  • App formula: Filter Activities that includes this player’s attendance> FILTER(“Activities”, IN([Player], [Attendance]))

Now you also have the history of each player’s attendances across all Activities.

Here’s an example App:

https://www.appsheet.com/Template/AppDef?appName=Teamevents-5317163

Top Labels in this Space