Hi, quite the newbie here. I am very confused...

Hi, quite the newbie here. I am very confused with all the settings but if I get some basic instructions I think I can figure it out.

So, I created an app where you can fill in your personal details. Extremely basic stuff. It all works fine, but I also want two things that I haven’t figured out how to do yet.

1. How can I create a sort of welcome screen where users can click on a button to select their language (so two buttons) similar with the Enum option when you are editing a column and then depending on their selection they will be moved to the next section accordingly. Is there an easier way to do this? Maybe just have a button below the form at all times which just changes the language only within the app and not within the sheet? How would I go about doing this?

2. I have a signature box in the app where users can draw their signature and that is saved as png in a folder in my google drive. Is there a way to rename the filename of the signature to the name given by the user?

Thanks for reading!

0 7 587
7 REPLIES 7

Selecting multiple items through a checkbox is done with the EnumList option.

I started with AppSheet like 1 month ago. Best thing I did was move away from GoogleForms. It seems easy at first but it makes you not understand AppSheet.

If you have the user’s value in the key column, it will name the file as “Andreas Georgiades.ColumnName.198676.png”. Of course the key column needs to be unique. If the column name is short… like SIGN, the file name would be “Andreas Georgiades.SIGN.198676.png”

One way to choose the language is the User Setttings Data > User Settings

@Aleksi_Alkio

This is what I see in the “Signature” Column in the spreadsheet created by google forms: Contact information_Images/01-18-2018 14-15-52.Signature.121616.png.

Unfortunately I don’t understand what I have to do. How do I get the “user’s value” in the key column? And what do you mean by key column? As I said I am quite the newbie.

Also at the end of the form when the user clicks on submit I can see the background image with 4 buttons for the separate Views and a Configure button on the left. Ideally I would like to remove all of these buttons and as soon as the form is submitted - it will return to the first screen to be ready for the next user. How would I do this?

At this moment you have used DateTime value as a key column. You should choose the username + something else as a key. If you use just a name, you will probably mess the app with double records. One way is to create a virtual column with CONCATENATE(…) formula where you will have the name + something else) and then using that as a key.

You can remove all buttons from the bottom bar except Share or Sync. If you want to open the same form again after submit, choose the option “Auto Re-open” ON. It will open the same form as blank. If you don’t have a form view already, you need to create that.

@Aleksi_Alkio

Wow that was simple thanks a bunch! Got everything sorted!

I also managed to solve the language issue in a round-about way. In google forms I added a new section in the beginning of the form with a multiple choice question: English or Greek and with each answer points to a different section according to the language. Now the spreadsheet has twice as many columns to accommodate the two different set of questions (one for each language) but it works, so I am happy.

Thanks again!

Welcome to AppSheet, @Andreas_Georgiades. It may help you to read this article — many of the concepts like Keys are explained here. help.appsheet.com - App Design 101

App Design 101 help.appsheet.com

Top Labels in this Space