High School Students Looking for Help/guidance

Hello,

Hopefully this is the right forum to ask these question. If not, please advise.

We are a team of 10th grade students and we developed an app to help food pantries using AppSheet platform. We are excited that the food pantries find our app useful, and we want to make it more useful and widely available for more food pantries in our area.

My team is looking for help and guidance to take our application initiative further in these areas:

1. Review the application design and deployment model so we can roll out new deployments in a cost efective manner. Food pantries donโ€™t have a big budget, and we need to make sure they can afford our solution.

2. Review the application for security and scale features so that the application performs reasonably as food pantries start to using it for regular business.

3. Build a contributor community for future enhancements and maintenance. As high school students it would be impractical for us to be highly available tech support, but by building a communty around the initiaive we want to meet feature and support needs. Is there a model similar to open source in the AppSheet world that allows a community to develop an application collaboratively?

We have a small budget to support our efforts and would like to use them wisely to both making the applicaiton robust and also help provide initial seed money for pantries that want to use the solution.

Does AppSheet provide special pricing for non-profit use cases like ours? Much appreciate any guidance from AppSheet and the community on these topics.

Thanks,
Abhinav

0 3 1,099
3 REPLIES 3

Iโ€™ve written a couple of tips that might be relevant to your inquiry.

First, if you are willing, I would suggest making your app public as a sample / template. If you do so and post again with question about how the app is working well but what you hope to improve in it, you may get some good feedback. Hereโ€™s the URL of a tip I wrote that describes two methods for sharing your app with others:

If you share in this way, other people will be able to copy your app and see how it works and then edit what they have copied but they will not be able to edit or change your original version of the app.

Second, since you are interested in deploying in a cost effective manner, I think you should probably contact โ€œsupportโ€ about the most appropriate plan. Hereโ€™s a tip I wrote about how to contact support:

Finally, I think itโ€™s possible if invite others to cooperate in the process of app building though I havenโ€™t done it myself:

Sharing your apps with a restricted audience

@Kirk_Masden Thank you very much for the pointers!

Of course, it's cool that high school students have created such functional software. Still, I would advise you to put it on all platforms, including Google Play and the App Store. Then, maybe your application will be seen. You can find a sponsor or get the best technical equipment for further development. But simply stating that you have developed something does not work that way. You need proof. There is no other way. When I studied with a friend at asa florida college, we decided to develop several convenient applications together. Still, until we put them on the sites, we did not receive any money or feedback from this.

Top Labels in this Space