How to Hide inspections on Completed Projects

Npape

I have a Table called โ€œSitesโ€. In that table I have a column Called โ€œActiveโ€. โ€œActiveโ€ is a yes/no. I have an action in the Table โ€œSitesโ€ to โ€œComplete Jobโ€. This will mark the yes/no of โ€œActiveโ€ to no.

I have a Primary view called โ€œInspectionsโ€ in the UX under showif I put โ€œISBLANK(Sites[Active])โ€ The data table for the Primary view โ€œInspectionsโ€ is set to a different table called โ€œInspection Jobsโ€

I only want Inspections showing up in Inspections view if the column โ€œActiveโ€ in Table โ€œSitesโ€ is blank. I want to be able to go through the โ€œSitesโ€ and click my action Item that the job site is completed and have it removed from view in the โ€œInspectionsโ€ View. I feel like this is easy and I am missing something simple. I havenโ€™t been on here messing with this App in some time and am very rusty. Any help is appreciated.

1 3 115
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Npape

This is a prime example of when you should use slices.

• Create a slice of your Inspections table and include logic to check for the blank [Active] column in the related Site:
    IsBlank([Inspecition_Site_Ref].[Active])
  • This is assuming youโ€™ve connected your Inspection table to your Site table via a reference column.

In my inspection table I have a ref column named โ€œSiteโ€. Site is a reference column to the Table โ€œSitesโ€. After I posted that I realized I needed a slice but couldnโ€™t figure out how to write it out. I was able to change what you wrote to โ€œIsBlank([Site].[Active])โ€. I spent hours yesterday because I didnโ€™t have the . between columnsโ€ฆ Thank you so very much for your help. It is much appreciated. It seems to be working just fine now. THANK YOU!!!

Glad to hear you got it working! 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

For further information, that โ€œdot in the middleโ€ creates whatโ€™s called a de-reference.

Top Labels in this Space