How to Hide inspections on Completed Projects

Npape

I have a Table called “Sites”. In that table I have a column Called “Active”. “Active” is a yes/no. I have an action in the Table “Sites” to “Complete Job”. This will mark the yes/no of “Active” to no.

I have a Primary view called “Inspections” in the UX under showif I put “ISBLANK(Sites[Active])” The data table for the Primary view “Inspections” is set to a different table called “Inspection Jobs”

I only want Inspections showing up in Inspections view if the column “Active” in Table “Sites” is blank. I want to be able to go through the “Sites” and click my action Item that the job site is completed and have it removed from view in the “Inspections” View. I feel like this is easy and I am missing something simple. I haven’t been on here messing with this App in some time and am very rusty. Any help is appreciated.

1 3 111
3 REPLIES 3

Hey @Npape

This is a prime example of when you should use slices.

• Create a slice of your Inspections table and include logic to check for the blank [Active] column in the related Site:
    IsBlank([Inspecition_Site_Ref].[Active])
  • This is assuming you’ve connected your Inspection table to your Site table via a reference column.

In my inspection table I have a ref column named “Site”. Site is a reference column to the Table “Sites”. After I posted that I realized I needed a slice but couldn’t figure out how to write it out. I was able to change what you wrote to “IsBlank([Site].[Active])”. I spent hours yesterday because I didn’t have the . between columns… Thank you so very much for your help. It is much appreciated. It seems to be working just fine now. THANK YOU!!!

Glad to hear you got it working! 3X_d_5_d51363a862e7ab883241c312ac5d7f271579cdd3.gif

For further information, that “dot in the middle” creates what’s called a de-reference.

Top Labels in this Space