How to add multiple similar items in inventory app

Hi, I'm currently trying to build an Inventory App with 7000+ items 

These tools are tagged uniquely by a barcode, however there will be similar items with different barcodes.

For instance, I have 6 teams. All 6 teams will have 5 hammers each. So there will be 30 unique lines in the Excel Sheet.

My question is, in the future, when we buy new items or tools, how can I add from the AppSheet in multiple entries without opening the Excel?

For instace, my department has recently bought 40 new hammers, how can I add these hammers inside the AppSheet while generating unique individual barcodes for each.

Thank you.

0 3 94
3 REPLIES 3

You can use UNIQUEID() in the Initial Value to generate a unique id.

Then create a barcode based on the generated value using whatever barcode creation tool you are using.

Hi, I cant create unique barcodes cause we have to identify them in the real world.

For instance

I have 4 columns to make up the whole barcode by concatenating them in another column.

This column is the barcode.

So im facing difficulties whereby i cant make this barcode column as my ID. so i have to remove the concatenate formulas in order to achieve this. I think i may have shot myself in the foot for this.

Is there a work around on this? Tq

@finkployd wrote:

i cant make this barcode column as my ID

I still do not understand your problem.

TeeSee1_0-1676426433574.png

You can make a vc the key of a table. You edit the three columns and have your concatenated vc as the key.

Top Labels in this Space