How to open the automatic details screen after barcode scanning?

Hello,

As written in the title, after scanning the barcode, if there is a number that matches the list after scanning, I want the detail screen of that number to appear automatically.

What normally happens is that a result appears at the end of the scan, but by clicking on that result, the details screen opens.

For example, I have a table like above. How can I scan the "Mamul Top No" number in the barcode scan and open the automatic details screen if there is a matching result?

0 1 198
1 REPLY 1

@nomedf wrote:

For example, I have a table like above. How can I scan the "Mamul Top No" number in the barcode scan and open the automatic details screen if there is a matching result?

You will need to setup a dedicated "utility" table for the sole purpose of a "barcode scan and search".  This table has ONLY a single row with a Key column and a column for the barcode - maybe [Scanned Barcode].  Assign a value to [Key Column] in the datasource. 

In the AppSheet table, for the [Scanned Barcode] column turn on the "Reset on Edit" property.  Set a Valid If expression with an appropriate message for invalid barcodes.

Then setup a custom Form View on this "utility" table and set the "Row Key" = [Key Column] value.  Turn on the "Auto save" property.

Create a custom action that navigates to your desired Detail view using LINKTOROW() function choosing the correct row based on the scanned barcode.  Then attach this action to the Form View as the "Form Save" behavior.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 9.47.51โ€ฏAM.png

Lastly, turn on the Auto-Advance feature, this will automatically open the barcode scanner when this new Form view is opened.

Screenshot 2023-10-17 at 10.07.49โ€ฏAM.png

So what should happen?...

When you click the button to open the Form View, the app will automatically open the barcode scanner.  The user scans a barcode.  If the barcode is invalid, Save is halted and your validation message is shown.  User can tap the scan button to re-scan or cancel. 

Once the scanned barcode is deemed valid, the Form will automatically perform the Save which will activate your custom navigation action and the user is presented a Detail view based on the scanned barcode.

I hope this helps!

Top Labels in this Space