IFS Expression Help

Hi, I’m working on an ordering app that requires numerous status updates through the process, such as the following:

• If an Order No is equal to zero it is Requested

• If an Order No IS NOT equal to zero is it Ordered

• If the Qty Ordered is equivalent to the Qty Received it is Received in Full

• If the Qty Ordered IS NOT equivalent to the Qty Received it is Order Short

This logic makes sense in my head and when reading the expression I have tried everything appears correct; except when I change the data and there is no status change. The image below is the current expression I am applying, if there are any changes to make this work all help is appreciated. Thanks!

Solved Solved
0 10 2,112
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

The IFS statement checks everything in order and selects the first condition that is satisfied, maybe rearrange them so the one that should happen last is checked first. IE the recieved in full condition.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

change “Requested” to [status] = “Requested” and remove the true.

IFS work like this IFS(check condition1, return statement1, check condition2, return statement2, etc) so you dont need all the seperate IFS.

if condition 1 is false it doesnt use return statement1 and so forth.

Thank you, is this the syntax you are referring to? I applied this and in return got no value for each orders status so I am not sure what has gone wrong.

your request status is set to (Yes/No) type. Set it to a text type and it should work. Also you don’t need another comma after the last statement.

I think a consequence of this syntax is making the values either “true” or “false”.

2X_e_ebfd319846dfd063d1cb998bf8e72ba2ffac6952.png

It is set back to Text Type also, thank you

did it set the status to true after you set the column type to text?

Yes it did

That was amended, but the request status is still not updating as the data changes. This is a request that has been received in full but the status does not update from “Ordered”.
2X_2_2e9965dbf7fb9c9e171d87cffe6efdbf33b4d997.png

The IFS statement checks everything in order and selects the first condition that is satisfied, maybe rearrange them so the one that should happen last is checked first. IE the recieved in full condition.

Thank you! That seemed to do the trick, I had no idea about the order of IFS statements I will keep this in mind in future

Top Labels in this Space