If I really really really wanted to have just...

If I really really really wanted to have just one table for all my images. Does anyone have a great way that they ref from many different tables to 1 table?

0 4 334
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@Grant_Stead Can you say more? Otherwise my answer is: โ€œlots of ref columnsโ€

@tony right now Iโ€™m thinking a Ref column for the user, a Ref for the project, bit then Iโ€™m thinking about trying a multi function ref column. So basically they can such the image to one other table, and it lets all my connections look liveโ€ฆ So assets can hijack itโ€ฆ Maybe manually create the REF_ROWS on each table?

@tony If I could do this: plus.google.com - Is it possible? Can we Hijack the โ€œNewโ€ button for an inline table view, so wโ€ฆ

Then I could have one column that is where the REF gets dropped in from a manufactured REF_ROWS formula, and then another column to denote the Tableโ€ฆ

(Iโ€™ll probably need Praveenโ€™s meta data expression up and running to be able to pull in the table name.) Is it possible? Can we Hijack the โ€œNewโ€ button for an inline table view, so wโ€ฆ plus.google.com

Itโ€™s the CONTEXT() function CONTEXT({Option}) returns a Text value that indicates where in the app this expression is being used. It is useful for โ€œmeta-dataโ€ operations and currently has very limited functionality. The only allowed value of {Option} is the text value โ€œHostโ€. CONTEXT(โ€œHostโ€) returns one of the following values: โ€œBrowserโ€, โ€œDeviceโ€ or โ€œServerโ€ to indicate where the expression is being evaluated. In the future, {Option} might include โ€œViewNameโ€, โ€œTableNameโ€, โ€œColumnNameโ€, etc.

So in my IMAGE table I could have two columns, one for the REF key, and another one to denote the table.

Top Labels in this Space