If I really really really wanted to have just...

If I really really really wanted to have just one table for all my images. Does anyone have a great way that they ref from many different tables to 1 table?

0 4 335
4 REPLIES 4

tony1

@Grant_Stead Can you say more? Otherwise my answer is: “lots of ref columns”

@tony right now I’m thinking a Ref column for the user, a Ref for the project, bit then I’m thinking about trying a multi function ref column. So basically they can such the image to one other table, and it lets all my connections look live… So assets can hijack it… Maybe manually create the REF_ROWS on each table?

@tony If I could do this: plus.google.com - Is it possible? Can we Hijack the “New” button for an inline table view, so w…

Then I could have one column that is where the REF gets dropped in from a manufactured REF_ROWS formula, and then another column to denote the Table…

(I’ll probably need Praveen’s meta data expression up and running to be able to pull in the table name.) Is it possible? Can we Hijack the “New” button for an inline table view, so w… plus.google.com

It’s the CONTEXT() function CONTEXT({Option}) returns a Text value that indicates where in the app this expression is being used. It is useful for “meta-data” operations and currently has very limited functionality. The only allowed value of {Option} is the text value “Host”. CONTEXT(“Host”) returns one of the following values: “Browser”, “Device” or “Server” to indicate where the expression is being evaluated. In the future, {Option} might include “ViewName”, “TableName”, “ColumnName”, etc.

So in my IMAGE table I could have two columns, one for the REF key, and another one to denote the table.

Top Labels in this Space