Is there an appsheet expression to join a tex...

Is there an appsheet expression to join a text with a count

In google sheets I have the formula: =G2&":"& countif($G$2:G,$G$2)

Can that translate into an app expression?

0 7 353
7 REPLIES 7

@Ellen_Sligh1 =CONCATENATE([ColumnName],":",COUNT(SELECT(TableName[ColumnName],{Yes/No})))

nice try - no luck

@Ellen_Sligh1 I’m not aware about your sheet, your sheet structure and even your data. I’m also not aware what you want to concatenate and what’s that COUNTIF sheet formula is all about. The sheet formula that you have typed is transcribed as per AppSheet expression and it’s correct in structure. There is no COUNTIF function in AppSheet and you have to simulate it with a COUNT(SELECT(…)) expression.

So; if it’s not working just check your SELECT expression’s conditional sentence ({Yes/No} part at the end or elaborate your query.

@Ellen_Sligh1

Or you can try one of these: =CONCATENATE([ColumnName],":",TEXT(COUNT(SELECT(TableName[ColumnName],{Yes/No}))))

=CONCATENATE([ColumnName],":",CONCATENATE(COUNT(SELECT(TableName[ColumnName],{Yes/No}))))

Great - will do

Its about counting a specific text and how many times it occurs in a column - then in another column I wanted to join the word being counted with the sum total of the count such as :

Blue:1 or Red:4.

@Ellen_Sligh1

Are these words solely “Blue” or “Red”? OR are they inside a sentence i.e. “This is a blue color”? I’m asking this because it matters for the True/False conditional statement for counting them.

the column has 1 word per cell

Top Labels in this Space