Locale settings for decimals

Hi, can someone help me, please?

I've created an app on AppSheet and I'm having some trouble with decimals. I'm from Brazil and here we use commas to separate decimals. Either database in Google Sheets and table settings in Appsheet are set to Brazil (Portuguese).

But there is a problem with the AppSheet views. When I enter a number, it appears correctly at the database. Then, when I'm reading the same number in an AppSheet view, it appears wrong. Ex: the number in database is 1000,000 (one thousand), but in the view is 1.000.000,000 (one million).

How can I fix it?

Solved Solved
0 4 153
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

It was text, but then I turned into decimals too and it solved the problem. Thank you so much for your attention!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Presuming when you say you're reading the number in an AppSheet view that means you're looking at the number in the AppSheet editor on your computer, is your computer locale and decimal settings set to Brazil?

Yes, my computer and Chrome navigator are both set to Brazil.
See below how it is on Google Sheets database and how it is on the app

spontes_0-1698777505896.png

spontes_1-1698777842861.png

I'd be interested in seeing how column R is formatted in Google Sheets. I would check if it's set to three decimal places and why there is no thousand separator.

It was text, but then I turned into decimals too and it solved the problem. Thank you so much for your attention!

Top Labels in this Space