Looking to find a list of value in column C after a FILTER

Hello, I'm working on an app where users can select a list of items. Every time one item from the list is selected, it is removed from the list to avoid it getting selected twice. 
I've been able to create a function that limits the items, but unfortunately, I only get the key value of the row but not the item, which is column C.
The list is stored in a virtual column as a "list", and I've verified that it would show up in the dropdown; the issue is that instead of the items, I get the list of keys.
What I tried is that given I have the row number of the items, I try with a select to create a second column with the list of items in column C, but I get errors. 

Any suggestion is welcome. I've checked out several suggestions  @Steve already but failed.

Solved Solved
0 5 159
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This sounds like a list subtraction problem.

How does your app get a list of all items?

How does your app get a list of already-chosen items?

all - already-chosen = still-available

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I didn't fully understand how you are trying to do this. But have you tried making the said column C as Label for that table. 

As first sight, you may be wanting to pull the "item_name" column instead of the key one just to make selection easy. But that's what Label does

Add row labels - AppSheet Help

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This sounds like a list subtraction problem.

How does your app get a list of all items?

How does your app get a list of already-chosen items?

all - already-chosen = still-available

Hi @Steve interesting, I will check if the list subtraction works, I was actually doing the subtraction on the Google Sheets side, generating new dynamic tables for each team, yet that was just a workaround not easy to scale with many teams. I will play around with it and let you know. Thanks. 

Hi @Steve, thanks for directing me in the right direction, I've been able to do the expected function and get rid of the Google Sheets calculations. 

Top Labels in this Space