Multiple Selections from Referenced Table

Hello,

I have a Students table with a reference column for Classes. The column correctly displays a list of classes, and users can choose a class from the list. Then the Classes table will allow users to click on a class and see all associated students.

However, I want to be able to choose more than one class at a time.

I found this thread: Multiple Selection from Referenced Table

I tried the directions offered by Denis_Sanchez_Leyva and tsuji_koichi. Both methods did allow me to successfully choose multiple classes from the drop down in the Students table. However, with both options, when I open the Classes table, it shows there are no related students.

Is there a way to make this work so that when I select 2 classes for a Student, both class records in the Classes table will show the student as a related record?

Thank you!

Solved Solved
0 2 225
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The system-provided Related … columns only occur when columns of type Ref are used; they are not provided when columns of type EnumList of Ref are used.

I’m not clear on what you’re trying to accomplish with the interface, so I can’t offer more guidance.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

The system-provided Related … columns only occur when columns of type Ref are used; they are not provided when columns of type EnumList of Ref are used.

I’m not clear on what you’re trying to accomplish with the interface, so I can’t offer more guidance.

That makes sense.

I may have misunderstood the linked thread. I was thinking that I could create an EnumList that would have the same functionality as a Ref column.

The goal is to have a Class table that lets a user click a class and see all associated Students. And I want users in the Students table to be able to assign a student to 2+ classes through an EnumList. Then that student would appear in the Related Records for each class.

I ended up creating two separate columns in the Students table. Class 1 and Class 2, both of which are Ref columns that link to the Class table. This seems to be working well, and accomplishes the same goal (there’s just an extra column, which isn’t a big deal).

Thank you!

Top Labels in this Space