NFC “New Tag Collected”

Hi all,

I’ve got a field on an app that’s marked as “NFC” and a corresponding RFID card that’s been programmed in with a simple text value e.g abc123.

When I click on the NFC icon on the Android app and scan the card I keep getting a “New Tag Collected” display screen that then shows the text value.

Has anybody encountered this before? How do you disable this screen from popping up when scanning a NFC field?

I’m using a Samsung Active tablet and utilising NFC Tools on Android to write the text value to the card.

Thanks,

Solved Solved
0 3 9,323
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Smitster,
The screenshot seems like Android’s default NFC reader. This screen supposed to popup if you scanned an NFC while no other app is actively scanning for NFC. Are you sure you tapped the scan NDF button and the “Ready to scan NFC” popup is showing, before scanning the NFC tag?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Here we go, this is what I’m getting:

Looks like I might need to specify a mime type?

• This is the message I'm getting. It seems to always happen when I set my phone down while washing my hands when I'm watching a YouTube video. When it happens I'm not even touching my phone or looking at it so I'm not sure how it's doing this. https://photos.app.goo.gl/mJQMrgqyyo8Jcyz9A 

Hi @Smitster,
The screenshot seems like Android’s default NFC reader. This screen supposed to popup if you scanned an NFC while no other app is actively scanning for NFC. Are you sure you tapped the scan NDF button and the “Ready to scan NFC” popup is showing, before scanning the NFC tag?

Top Labels in this Space