Name and phone number not editable

Legend

I just edited the app with the following link https://www.appsheet.com/start/0fb721f7-5f75-4807-be7c-951585e11860. The name and the phone number fields were marked editable, but they cannot be edited within the app. Where did I get it wrong?

Solved Solved
0 7 521
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A column that is marked as the key column cannot be edited after the row is saved the first time.

3X_c_e_ce438c086a2261840f37f2843ca695391d64fa58.png

If you’re using a computed key (often a column named _ComputedKey), none of the columns used to generate the computed key may be edited after the row is first saved.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

@Legend Welcome to the AppSheet community. Can you post a screenshot of the table columns?

Here’s a screenshot of what I mean

A column that is marked as the key column cannot be edited after the row is saved the first time.

3X_c_e_ce438c086a2261840f37f2843ca695391d64fa58.png

If you’re using a computed key (often a column named _ComputedKey), none of the columns used to generate the computed key may be edited after the row is first saved.

Oh, now I get it.

The name and the phone numbers were concatenated to form the computed key.

Now, how do I go about solving this issue?

Do I have to define a new column for the key?

That’s what I’d advise, but that will cause problems if your app has any Refs to this table.

In general, best not to use as key any column that might be expected to change at any time during the life of the row. My personal preference is to use a key column that is entirely independent from the app data, with a value that isn’t tied to to any other data. For instance, I might have a column named ID with an Initial value expression of UNIQUEID(). When done this way, though, it is important to ensue your label column is properly configured to convey useful information, as the key column will not have human-usable information.

@Legend Hi,
Probably in the edit-if section of Name and phone number columns configured: ISBLANK (_THIS)

Thanks, @PowerSheetAcademy for the reply,

No, the edit_if section was left absolutely blank.

Do you mean I should add this condition?
I actually want it to be editable whether it was left blank or not.

Top Labels in this Space