Need help with calculating percentages

Can someone please help me with an expression. I have a Percent column [Fluctuation] that I am currently trying to multiply by [Shelbyville] a Price column, and have the calculated data displayed in a Price column [Projection]. 

I HAVE

[Fluctuation] = 20%

[Shelbyville] = $3500

I NEED

[Projection] = $4200 (this is the correct answer I need)

Solved Solved
1 6 338
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Ok good afternoon, what you have to do is:

[Shelbyville]                                         [Fluctuation]                                      [Projection]

$3,500                                                          20%                                    [Fluctuation]*[Shelville]+[Shelville] 

what you can also do

[Projection]= [Shelville]*(100%+[Fluctuation])

I hope I have helped

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

The following app formula should work in the [Projection] column

(1 + [Fluctuation]) * [Shelbyville]

Ok good afternoon, what you have to do is:

[Shelbyville]                                         [Fluctuation]                                      [Projection]

$3,500                                                          20%                                    [Fluctuation]*[Shelville]+[Shelville] 

what you can also do

[Projection]= [Shelville]*(100%+[Fluctuation])

I hope I have helped

Hi,

I have a similar issue.

Trying to have % result.

[loaded]/[available] result should be percentage. But the result is coming as 300% which is more that available.

Available is not possible to be more than loaded. Type selected as percentage already.

For example loaded is 7, available is 9. The formula should be as

[loaded]/[available] which is 7/9 in this case. The result 0,77.

Which formula i need to use ?

First, make sure either [loaded] or [available] is decimal. If neither should because it just make sense, add another extra number to convert to decimal, like this:

([loaded]*1.0)/[available]

And post your results 

Dear SkrOYC,
Thanks for your assistance. It is working now properly.

Thanks for the help. I just got it working with the one @Gustavo_Eduardo posted.

Top Labels in this Space