New Bug Encountered: New form problem

Im having an issue with a parent row value not being updating in the child row on a new form. I brought it up in a previous post but I donโ€™t think I explained myself properly. I then had a consultation with Matt from @MultiTech_Visions and he advised that the problem was a bug and that the workflow and setup I had was indeed correct and that I needed to raise it as a bug.

Regards
Ben

Solved Solved
1 5 177
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know, it looks like the team has found the reason behind the issue and will be releasing a fix next Monday.

I would just like to say a massive thanks to everyone who has helped. This is such a great community and Iโ€™m so glad I joined AppSheet to develop my app.

Ben

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

To provide a bit more detail:

• When you turn on the โ€œIs a part ofโ€ for a reference, you can see the inline view inside the form
    • when you add records through this sub-form, the ref magic is supposed to work and set the parent ref value

This is not working currently.

• When you enter the sub-form, the parent link is not automatically set.

I can confirm that the Ref_Rows() column in question for this situation is unaltered.

I believe i had the same issue, and i think that it was because the column that holds the reference to the parent table had the โ€œeditโ€ checkbox unchecked.

Iโ€™ve seen this before as well. I often put โ€œFALSEโ€ into said parent Ref fieldโ€™s Editable_If.

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

Please contact support@appsheet.com for help with this.

Hey Everyone,

Just to let you know, it looks like the team has found the reason behind the issue and will be releasing a fix next Monday.

I would just like to say a massive thanks to everyone who has helped. This is such a great community and Iโ€™m so glad I joined AppSheet to develop my app.

Ben

Top Labels in this Space