New Bug Encountered: un-representable DateTime

Can anyone Help??

I’ve an app that has been working fine for several months and yet recently It is failing to start and I’m getting the following error:

“Unable to fetch app definition. Error:The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime: Parameter name: Months/n”

There is no indication of where the error is. I’ve tried stripping out various tables including one from a google calendar data source. The error seems to be being generated by a table with a large number of virtual columns and though I’ve tried taking out VCs in order to find the error I’ve still hit a blank.

I noticed that the localization on the google calendar table was set to English (United States) whereas all other tables were set to English (United Kingdom). I changed the Google Calendar Localization setting in line with the other tables but this has not fixed the problem.

Is anyone aware of a change to DateTime in. either Appsheet or Google that might account for the new error?

0 8 582
8 REPLIES 8

@Adam Any thoughts from where that error message is coming?

I’ve copied the app in order to try to find the error and it seems to be coming from one table that has a lot of VCs dealing with duration. Other than that I don’t get any specific information in the error message and the backend doesn’t have any red boxes.

I’ve stripped out all actions and workflows and have removed the Google Calendar table but the problem persists.

I don’t even have any DateTime columns.

@Aleksi Have you any ideas here?

Would you please send this issue for investigating to support@appsheet.com, thanks.

Will do.

Thanks

Also encountering this bug - but my application still works fine. I got the same message in my log after testing an action that works on its own but not in a workflow.

Adding rows (including date columns) to another table works when action is fired directly, but the same action in a scheduled report without conditions will not run. After checking the log it says that it’s due to an un-representable datetime. (months. ) Tested out the action on the same rows and it works perfectly as long as it’s not being triggered by a report.

Any fix?

In the end I found that it wasn’t a formula issue but instead a line in one of the tables that for some reason had a missing entry in the date column. I deleted the line and the app started functioning normally. Try scrolling through your data tables and see if there’s a line with an entry that looks odd for some reason.
It may be that the triggering of the report is creating/editing a line of data in such a way as to omit a date or time entry.

Top Labels in this Space