Notifications from Appsheet Events

Hi everyone.
Iโ€™m trying to get push notifications when a new entry is added on Google Sheet. Iโ€™ve followed the steps of turning on Appsheet Events Add-on from my Google Sheet, and then adding a Bot that run the task when an event is made. Everything seems fine, but still cannot get notifications. The test shows everything correctly. Any idea of what can be? Cheers.

0 6 407
6 REPLIES 6

Iโ€™m having the same issue and am awaiting a response from the Google help desk.

Is your app deployed?

Yes itโ€™s deployed. Seems to be that Google Sheets does not recognise an external entry. My data is added into Google Sheet from an external software. If I add manually itโ€™s all fine. If the entry comes automatically from an external software, Google Sheet does not detect it as an entry. Not sure what I can do about this?

Iโ€™m pretty sure the external-eventing add-on only detects changes made manually to the worksheet (i.e., by a person editing the spreadsheet); I believe it does not respond to changes made by other (non-AppSheet) automated processes.

@Dan_Bahir, can you confirm? And perhaps point to the help doc that clarifies this?

EDIT: My impression was correct:

Yes Steve, you are correct.

Top Labels in this Space