OData in Google Sheete

mgtd51

Hi, everyone.  My question is around using OData in Google Sheets.  I made the connection to the OData area of the database in AppSheet, but now how do I draw out the data and place it in Google Sheets?

0 3 1,091
3 REPLIES 3

@mgtd51 

To retrieve data from an OData source in Google Sheets, you can use the "ImportData" function. Here's an example of how to use this function:

1. Open a new or existing Google Sheet.
  2. In the cell where you want to display the OData data, enter the following formula:

=ImportData("https://your-appsheet-app-name-here.com/data/YourODataTableName")

Replace "your-appsheet-app-name-here.com" with the URL of your AppSheet app and "YourODataTableName" with the name of the table that you want to retrieve data from.

1. Press enter to run the formula.

This will import the data from the specified OData table into your Google Sheet. Note that the data may be displayed in a single column, so you may need to use additional formulas or tools to format the data as needed.

You can also use the "IMPORTFEED" function to retrieve OData data in Google Sheets. This function allows you to specify additional parameters, such as filters or sorting, to customize the data that is retrieved. Here's an example of how to use this function:

=IMPORTFEED("https://your-appsheet-app-name-here.com/data/YourODataTableName", "atom", "orderBy=Column1")

Replace "your-appsheet-app-name-here.com" with the URL of your AppSheet app, "YourODataTableName" with the name of the table that you want to retrieve data from, and "Column1" with the name of the column that you want to sort the data by.

These functions should allow you to retrieve data from your AppSheet app's OData source and display it in Google Sheets.

Thanks for this information.  Where I am stuck now is from my appsheets connection to OData, how do I tell what the URL I use for it as well as the table name.  Please note, I am using the free version of appsheets so I may not be able to accomplish this due to not having the enterprise version.

@mgtd51 

To find the URL for your AppSheet app's OData source, you can go to the "Integrations" tab in the app editor and look for the "OData" integration. Click on "Configure" to view the configuration options for this integration. Here, you should see the OData service URL that you can use to retrieve data from your app.

As for the table name, it should be the name of the table in your AppSheet app that you want to retrieve data from. You can find the name of the table in the "Data" tab of the app editor. Click on the table to view its configuration options, and look for the "Table Name" field.

Keep in mind that the availability of the OData integration may depend on your AppSheet plan. The free plan may have some limitations on the use of integrations, so you may need to upgrade to a paid plan to use this feature.

Top Labels in this Space