Only show when using a slice

I want a handful of my virtual columns to only display when using a certain slice, do I have to use 2 slices with custom sets of columns or can I do this from my show if formula with only 1 slice?
(Would rather do it in show if should that be possible)

Solved Solved
1 8 906
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A column’s Show_If isn’t aware of the underlying slice, so you’d have to base the expression on something else, like the view name (CONTEXT("View"))

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

A column’s Show_If isn’t aware of the underlying slice, so you’d have to base the expression on something else, like the view name (CONTEXT("View"))

Unfortunate
CONTEXT(“TABLE”) feature request

It already exists, but it returns the table, not the slice (when last I tested).

Hm…CONTEXT(“SLICE”) doesn’t make a ton of sense since there might not be a slice involved. Oh well, I’ll just deal with making sure my slice column list are correct.

Hi! I’m having the same problem and CONTEXT is not working with a slice.

How so? More details would be helpful.

As stated there is no Context(“Slice”) so you have to use a different methodology.

Hey Guys, i do have the same issue with Context(“Slice”)

Is there any way to use actionbutton JUST on filteredview (SLICE) of the App?

I have two views:

• “All Orders”
  • and “All open Orders”
    at the moment and i would like to add Actionbutton just on the “Productdetailpage” i came from the Slice “All open Orders” to get back to it.

For The “All Orders” view it wasn´t a big deal to get back from “Productdetailpage” to this Primaryview.
But for the Slice-Productview i have no idea how to get this done.
I tried everything, as well copied the Detailview to a seperate-view (“Open Order Detailview”) which looks identical to the other Productview, just in case to have a seperate viewname, but this doen´t helped…

I tried following:
APP LINK TARGET:
LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW(“Alle offenen Bestellungen”,[Status]=“offen”)

BEHAVIOR CONDITION:
CONTEXT(“view”)=“Alle offenen Bestellungen_Detail”

for example…

Thank you very much!

Top Labels in this Space