Previous View Action Gone?

Did the โ€œReturn To Previous Viewโ€ action just disappear? or am I just crazy? My app suddenly quit returning to the previous view, and just dumps out to a different view all of the sudden. When I went to look at the action, โ€œReturn to previous viewโ€ isnโ€™t even on the list. Now, selected is โ€œgo to another view within this appโ€, with a LINKTOPARENTVIEW() which isnโ€™t doing what I need it toโ€ฆ Anybody else experiencing this?

0 8 357
8 REPLIES 8

I am not seeing the โ€œReturn to previous viewโ€ option any longer either.

What is the function doing?

@Brandt_Litton You are correct. The โ€œReturn to Previous Viewโ€ action type was replaced with a LINKTOPARENTVIEW() expression function, which can be used from a โ€œGo to another view within this appโ€ to achieve the same functionality. We automatically migrated all users to use the new function.

See July 19, 2021 for more info.

I am sorry for the inconvenience and would be happy to help. Could you elaborate on the behavior you are experiencing and how that differs from what you expect?

Hi @wabrian the LINKTOPARENTVIEW() is still missing in the Examples.

Not sure why we see the difference (possibly account type?)
On our account, we see linktoparentview()

Oh man thatโ€™s embarrassing. Sorry for that.
On my tablet I scroll down the Examples and cannot find it.
I would have to scroll down also the outer scroll to get to LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW and LINKTOPARENTVIEW.
On PC this is more easy to understand.

I dont have any tablet with me, so not sure how the appsheet editor will show us.
you are looking like a hide and seek gamesโ€ฆ on tablet with Appsheetโ€ฆ

Itโ€™s a small Windows Tablet (Galaxy Book 10.6 LTE SM-W627).
Usually itโ€™s okay for AppSheet. If you know where to find things

In my family, only wife has tablet, but only for Netflix (for Korean drama)โ€ฆ I have nil experience with Appsheet edior and tablet, sorry!

Top Labels in this Space