Problem with lat/long update showing all locations in the column

dan_R

OMG, Iโ€™m starting to feel like that kid in the front of the class who still knows nothing.
I have an interesting problem. When I use, โ€œChangeLocationโ€, a map shows up with pins marking all of the locations in the column, rather than only showing the location of the current dataset.

Example

Row Trip Number Trailer Location
1 123456 38.482879, -121.395555
2 789123 38.482826, -121.401282
3 456789 38.482879, -121.39555

When I click on the row 1,2, or 3 record, all three map pins are displayed. Itโ€™s like it is reading the column rather than the row.

Suggestions?

0 7 535
7 REPLIES 7

This is default behavior.

How are you getting to this map view?

dan_R

Go to main screen
Click on bottom menu item, โ€œLoad Dataโ€
โ€œLoad Dataโ€ brings up a worksheet view of all of my loads.
Select a load number.
App opens that individual load data.
Scroll down on the page and find โ€œDamage Imageโ€.
Under damage image is the field, โ€œLocationโ€ which populates if an image is taken.
Click on the blue map icon on the right, which opens an untitled map view, showing all locations under that column.

I have looked high and low for a view page that I can adjust that, but no luck so far.
Obviously you caught that I am attempting to get only the location for that trip number to show up.

Thanks again. Love to send you a beer or two.

Screenshot(s) of this, please.

You can find what view you are in underneath the emulator:

The blue map icon is a system-generated action based on an Address or Location column. You can find it here (making sure that youโ€™ve selected โ€œshow system actionsโ€ at the bottom)

One possibility here is for you to change the โ€œTargetโ€ field of the view map action to a LINKTOFILTEREDVIEW() expression in order to show the map with only the current recordโ€™s data.

dan_R

Looks like that is what I would need, but I canโ€™t figure out what to put there. I also canโ€™t disable the system view.
I know youโ€™re right, but Iโ€™m new to all of this. Iโ€™m sure Iโ€™m missing something, somewhere.
Thanks for the help

3X_0_4_0450cac1e44aefd8515d43fe3e3c6f59bb51a7a4.png

Top Labels in this Space