Problem with report template logic

I just canโ€™t seem to get the hang of these report templates. I have a report Iโ€™d like to generate that spits out a list of trainees with an assessment thatโ€™s 80 days since their last one or greater that have an active status, grouped by their state. Iโ€™ve done the report for the trainees table, for entire table. Hereโ€™s the template, itโ€™s short and sweet:

Trainees with assessments greater than 20 days overdue:

<<Start:orderby(Select(trainees [RandomID], (and([Last Assessment]<NOW()-80, isnotblank([last assessment]),[Current Status]=Active Approved))), [location state])>>

<<[Trainee First Name]>> <<[Trainee Last Name]>> at <<[Location]>>, <<[Location State]>> under  <<[Mentor].[Mentor First Name]>> <<[Mentor].[Mentor Last Name]>>

<<End>>

That last tag is and End, as usual, doesnโ€™t show up in the post.

What I end up with is an email that contains every trainee in the whole company, and all their data columns (basically a โ€œdetail viewโ€), one after another?! Stumped again.

Solved Solved
0 6 202
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just realized Iโ€™m a dolt. I have the template under PDF attachment rather than email body. If the email body had been blank, I wouldโ€™ve figured it out pretty quickly. I suppose if the body is blank, you getโ€ฆ garbage? Anyway, fixed! Thanks!

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

This:

doesnโ€™t match this:

This expression answers the question, โ€œis the Last Assessment earlier/older than 80 days ago?โ€

Please post a screenshot of the report/workflow configuration.

The formula for the days old is correct, I also use the same expression in a format rule (which is where I borrowed it from), I am probably not explaining it well, using industry lingo from habit, where the term โ€œassessmentโ€ gets thrown around a lot. We want to see records whose last assessment was over 80 days ago might be better, which agrees with your statement.

Is this the screenshot you want?:

That screenshot is helpful. Could I also get a screenshot of the email rule configuration?

Now youโ€™re pushing your luck

I just realized Iโ€™m a dolt. I have the template under PDF attachment rather than email body. If the email body had been blank, I wouldโ€™ve figured it out pretty quickly. I suppose if the body is blank, you getโ€ฆ garbage? Anyway, fixed! Thanks!

Nicely done!

Top Labels in this Space