Record with an Inline View showing a completely different custom view

I am struggling with trying to figure why and how to return to the standard System Generated Views

There was no effort to customize this, it just started to happen and looking for assistance or anyone experience the same thing.  

It seems that Ref_Rows in app formulae uses a random to view as part of the Inline Form display, rather than the System Generated Views.  Is this normal and how to choose which View to use?  I noticed this happening before and I just deleted the View, but now it is randomly happening more frequently.

I am wondering if I am misunderstanding how the Ref _Rows works as a List / Element Type / Referenced Table.

Much appreciated in help as this one consumes a lot of time just understanding what is happening.

My Data Table with RefRow formula.

WillVerkaik_0-1686408205791.png

WillVerkaik_1-1686408387013.png

The Detail View fo Offboarding

WillVerkaik_2-1686408581232.png

When Expand - It opens a view Actions Month-Employee Status which is a Reference View that I created for other purposes to use in a Dashbooad.

WillVerkaik_3-1686408782228.png

Further: when I open the detailed record, another Inline Ref opens a Graph, once again unrelated.

WillVerkaik_4-1686408882665.png

Reference Views created that is decided to use

WillVerkaik_5-1686408930674.png

The system generated View which should be the inline view.  Any changes to this View does not reflect on the Ref Inline.

WillVerkaik_6-1686409022553.png

Solved Solved
0 3 166
  • UX
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Could you once try by copying the system generated view and naming the copied view as as "AA-offboarding......." , that is by adding a prefix AA before the current name of the system generated view. Please keep the copied view also as a reference view.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Could you once try by copying the system generated view and naming the copied view as as "AA-offboarding......." , that is by adding a prefix AA before the current name of the system generated view. Please keep the copied view also as a reference view.

I think I figured this out and am not sure if this is an undocumented feature.  If anyone experiencing this can let me know.  I can easily make better use of this.

It appears when I change the View's data source being selected for the Ref Inline, to a custom Slice and save, the application goes down the list of Reference views to find the next view that points to the defaul data source and subsequently displays that.

As soon as I change ALL Reference Views to a custom slice, it finallaly ignores all custom Views and finds the first System generated view which is the original standard I am looking for. 

If anyone knows that this is an already understod  design and if there is documentation, please let me know and I can read up.  This is an interesting Feature/Workaround and provides some usecases.   

I am wondering if we can in Ref_Rows point to a Slice rather than the Main Table data source?  This would make this into a more reliable feature.

Top Labels in this Space