Ref Pulling Correct Column, Saving the Wrong One

I have a [Ref] set up to pull data from another table.

If you preview the data, it is pulling the correct data, in this case [column 2], but when you save that data into the table it is saving [column 1].

Any ideas why this might be happening?
[column 2] in the parent table is the label, I don't know if this will be having an effect?

Solved Solved
0 3 56
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Key column shall be a column, which stores unique values in each row for the table.

You may please check if the existing Key column will satisfy this condition. Otherwise, you may have to workaround something. 

I usually prefer UNIQUEID() as initial value of the Key column. So, that all the values will be unique for the table.  

Regards, 

Srikanth.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi, 

You are correct.

In case of Reference table, Key column is stored in the child table, in your case [Column 1].

While displaying in the app it will show the Label column [Column 2]. 

In case, you want to [Column 1] as display also, change the Parent table's label as [Column 1] - same as key column.

Regards, 

Srikanth. 

Hi Srikanth,

That's really helpful, thank you! I think I have a better understanding of how Keys and Labels work.

The issue I have now is I cannot set [Column 2] (the one I want to save in the new table) as a Key because it contains a formula (It pulls data in real-time from another sheet of active employees).

Do I need to rebuild my system or is there a work-around?

Key column shall be a column, which stores unique values in each row for the table.

You may please check if the existing Key column will satisfy this condition. Otherwise, you may have to workaround something. 

I usually prefer UNIQUEID() as initial value of the Key column. So, that all the values will be unique for the table.  

Regards, 

Srikanth.

Top Labels in this Space