Reference an email

Is there any way to create a link to an email on your (for example) gmail account? Managing emails is an important part of business and it would be nice if you could โ€œattachโ€ an important email to your app to avoid having to search for it and remember what it was about. In my industry (construction) I would have a contract correspondence app controlling the register and time to reply on documents. It would be great to โ€œconnectโ€ the actual email where correspondence was sent to the app.

Solved Solved
0 2 438
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Riki_Armstrong - I do currently paste a gmail URL into one of my apps so I can quickly get back the original email. I use a URL column like @Steve indicated. Just know, that email link only works for the gmail account holder, so take that into consideration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet can store and link to any URL, so as long as an individual message has a distinct URL, you can at least store it and provide a link to it from an app. That said, there are so many other issues involved that Iโ€™d think it virtually impossible to do what you want with AppSheetโ€™s capabilities today.

@Riki_Armstrong - I do currently paste a gmail URL into one of my apps so I can quickly get back the original email. I use a URL column like @Steve indicated. Just know, that email link only works for the gmail account holder, so take that into consideration.

Top Labels in this Space