Reference an email

Is there any way to create a link to an email on your (for example) gmail account? Managing emails is an important part of business and it would be nice if you could “attach” an important email to your app to avoid having to search for it and remember what it was about. In my industry (construction) I would have a contract correspondence app controlling the register and time to reply on documents. It would be great to “connect” the actual email where correspondence was sent to the app.

Solved Solved
0 2 439
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Riki_Armstrong - I do currently paste a gmail URL into one of my apps so I can quickly get back the original email. I use a URL column like @Steve indicated. Just know, that email link only works for the gmail account holder, so take that into consideration.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Steve
Platinum 4
Platinum 4

AppSheet can store and link to any URL, so as long as an individual message has a distinct URL, you can at least store it and provide a link to it from an app. That said, there are so many other issues involved that I’d think it virtually impossible to do what you want with AppSheet’s capabilities today.

@Riki_Armstrong - I do currently paste a gmail URL into one of my apps so I can quickly get back the original email. I use a URL column like @Steve indicated. Just know, that email link only works for the gmail account holder, so take that into consideration.

Top Labels in this Space