Run multiple actions from single button?

Is it possible to have a single button perform a few sequences of actions? I have an action that โ€œCloses Jobโ€, which sets a column on the record to TRUE. But, I want to show another view that can ask for follow-up questions.

For exampleโ€ฆ

When the user clicks, โ€œClose Jobโ€, I want to perform the following

1. Mark current _CurrentRow.IsComplete = TRUE
  2. Add some values of the _CurrentRow to a table named, WorkOrderOperations.
  3. Open up the view WorkOrderOperations_Detail allowing the user to provide additional details.
  4. Return to โ€œMainโ€ view.

Is this possible?

0 3 1,670
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @squatch4014, yes, it is perfectly possible, you can do that using grouped actions, read more about it here:

Steps 1,2 and 3 could belong to a single grouped action, but the 4th step would have to be a different action, since step 3 requires user interaction, and grouped actions are run back-to-back.

@Rafael_ANEIC-PY - I totally missed that one of grouping and running similar actions for a table. Thanks for pointing that out to me. I can achieve step 3 but how could I โ€œpassโ€ the variable to that view?

For exampleโ€ฆ

When I close job #12345 by clicking on the grouped action of โ€œClose Jobโ€, I want to pass job number #12345 to the WorkOrderOperations view. Is that possible?

No problem, remember that when youโ€™re running an action on a row, you have access to all of itโ€™s columns, since the action is executing on that context.

So letโ€™s say your first action would be one that โ€œChanges the values of some columns of this rowโ€ which would set the job status as โ€œClosedโ€.

The second action would be โ€œAdd a new row to another table using values of this rowโ€ and then you would simply select the columns you want to fill using the column values from the row you just closed.

Top Labels in this Space