Saving (new) Virtual Column Values to spreadsheets

I was trying to change the previously written values to the spreadsheet but I havenโ€™t succeeded yet.

I have a few virtual columns [a.virtual] [b.virtual] which contains complex formulas that calculate the previously added rows and the rows will be added. These virtual columns are recalculated naturally, every time I sync the app.

In app formula for normal columns [A] [B], I used virtual column names.

So, In the app, I always view the latest values for virtual columns correct. But in the spreadsheet the values are correct just for the lastest rows, the values for the previously added row arenโ€™t changing. They should be the same as the previously added rows.

How can I change on the spreadsheet, the previously written values with the latest values of these virtual columns?

Thank you.

1 6 1,041
6 REPLIES 6

@Atlas
You need to open those records, edit the record without changing data and save it back which will re-calculate all the virtual columns, expressions and appformulas if any.

@LeventK
Thank you, but I have 500.000 rows, and it would very impractical. Is there another solution to accomplish this?

You could use actions.

You could use actions or preset AppSheet API.

Thank you both, I have an action that performs to set the values of some columns to โ€œ100โ€ or โ€œ50โ€. But I didnโ€™t see an example of using this kind of action. I donโ€™t how to accomplish this. Could you please elaborate, what kind of action or workflow I should use. Or is there any sample app or example of using for this action?

You need to use a webhook workflow. Select AppSheet Edit from the dropdown, select the table that you want to edit and in the JSON body use this:

{
	"Action": "Edit",
	"Properties": {
	   "Locale": "en-US",
	   "Location": "48.220599, 16.239976", // You can change the location as per your GPS location
	   "Timezone": "W. Europe Standard Time" // You can change the timezone as per your timezone
	},
	"Rows": [
		{
			"Key": "<<[Key]>>"
		}
	]
}
Top Labels in this Space