Search by filters

Iโ€™m trying to create an app with filters and I can not find any examples. I have a list of 5000 potential clients in dropbox and I would like that when the app is opened, I can filter the data. For example: search by name, by city and by class. Alguien me puede ayudar? Can someone give me an example?

Solved Solved
0 5 690
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

You can have a static row in a table that you use to filter a Slice of your customer table. The columns in the static search table represent your custom search parameters.

You will then reference that static row in the slice expression and write the conditional logic by which to filter the slice. Then setup a UX detail view for the static table and set your parameters to quick edit. Then create a table view for the customers slice and combine them both in a dashboard

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The best way is to enable the assistant.
simply tell the assistant, โ€œShow me a list of clients in San Diegoโ€

thanks for your aswer, but I have 2 problems. The first is that I use numerical references for clients (serial numbers โ€ฆ) and it is better to write them than to dictate them. The second problem is that the assistant does not work in Spanish. So I would prefer to manually enter the data to filter, or better if I could put some drop-down and then press the search button.
Is it possible to create a written search engine?

Another option is that if each of those items are actually a true REF, then you could use dynamic dashboardsโ€ฆ

You can have a static row in a table that you use to filter a Slice of your customer table. The columns in the static search table represent your custom search parameters.

You will then reference that static row in the slice expression and write the conditional logic by which to filter the slice. Then setup a UX detail view for the static table and set your parameters to quick edit. Then create a table view for the customers slice and combine them both in a dashboard

@Markuspol - maybe this sample app will help you. You will have to โ€œsaveโ€ your search to see the resulting filtered records. You might also be able to do this with a concatenated key, but not unless your name+city+class results in a completely unique key.

https://www.appsheet.com/samples/How-to-search-for-items-in-a-dropdown?appGuidString=9333ff2f-1e5a-4...

Top Labels in this Space