Security filter

Hello everyone, I have a small problem, I am using a formula in the security filter where I have connected a "user" table with the columns "Name "Email" "AREA". Based on the area the staff can only see the data that talk to him.
With my "Developer" account, what can I do if I want to see all the Areas? By entering the formula I no longer see any data

[Area] = ANY(SELECT(User[Area], [Email] = USEREMAIL()))

1.png

Solved Solved
0 15 184
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Try with IN(ANY(SELECT(User[Area], [Email] = USEREMAIL())),LIST([Area],"All areas"))

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15

Hello there,

Can you send a couple of screenshots of your users table and the table you're sending a picture from?

You need a place in your app where you grant permissions based on role or emails for accessing these "areas" you're talking about, in your screenshot I see the areas but there are no emails, so your expression wouldn't work there.

Hello 4.png1.png2.png3.pngthank you. the emails are there but I deleted them, if you kindly let me know if you need anything else, thanks again for the help!I would like them to be able to see all areas with a few emails

hello Rael can you help me?thanks a lot

One way to write it is..
OR(
[Area] = ANY(SELECT(User[Area], [Email] = USEREMAIL())),
IN(USEREMAIL(),{nameA@gmail.com,nameB@gmail.com})
)

1.pngHi, I tried to write it like this OR( [Area] = ANY(SELECT(User[Area], [Email] = USER EMAIL())), IN(USER EMAIL(),{it.appsheet@aviapartner.aero}), but if I insert the "RMP" area in the Area column of the User table it always shows me all the Areas

That's what you asked as "what can I do if I want to see all the Areas?". If you need something else, please let us know.

Hi thanks I certainly explained myself badly, I have seven staff so everyone has their own email and they must only be able to see their Area.
1 staff must be able to see all the Areas.

I hope I have explained myself

Is that one it.appsheet@ or something else?

It.appsheet@aviapartner.aero is the one that all Areas must see

So.. it sounds like you would like to add all areas in the Users table column Area rather than giving general access to one specific user. Is that your goal?

I would like to do it like this1.png

Hi, I hope you understand now

Try with IN(ANY(SELECT(User[Area], [Email] = USEREMAIL())),LIST([Area],"All areas"))

Works great!!!!!
thank you, you were very kind as always๐Ÿ˜ƒ

You're welcome!

Top Labels in this Space